We held our retreat for young women on Tuesday 1 November and it was a powerful day! There was relaxation, release, inspiration, pampering and fun. The level of engagement in the women-only held space was phenomenal and tears flowed, deep insights were shared and beautiful gratitude expressed in the closing circle. We acknowledge the courage shown by the young women who joined us for something that was completely unknown to them.
We were a huge group, with 35 young women, 15 support workers representing 10 support services across Brisbane and our tribe of Joining Hands GiveBack Ambassadors.
We were fortunate to have a big, beautiful space thanks to the support of Vulcana Women’s Circus where there was plenty of room for everything we had in store. Over the course of the day, there was hula hoop workshops, inspiring talks, beautiful meditations and yoga, dance, massages, facials and food.
Thanks to Vulcana Women’s Circus for the use of the beautiful space and the fabulous hoola hooping workshop.
And big love and thanks to our amazing tribe of GiveBack Ambassadors who gifted their skills, experience, stories and goodies to make the day so special:
- Katherine Maslen who presented an Inspiring Women session where she shared her story from domestic violence and homelessness to where she is today
- Sophie Marsh for the Sounding and Grounding meditation and an uplifting Nia class
- Sally Broadhurst for the yoga class
- Natalie from Kindred Toxin Free Facials for the holistic facials
- Our incredible massage team – Sam from Verve Massage, Nikki from In Touch Therapies, Clair from Clair Niven Massage , Kylie from Serene Haven and Shunyo from our partner Healthy Balance Massage Therapy.
- Kristen from Spray Free Farmacy for the box of fruit for the day
- Alisha from Naughty Naturopath Mum for the flower essences that went in the goodies bag along with a signed copy of Katherine’s book
- Di’Ann from The Wholefood Farmacist for delicious food