We are leading a social-purpose movement in the health and wellness industry to inspire GiveBack that transforms the lives of homeless and vulnerable young people. Our GiveBack is when we’re out in the community, providing access to health and wellness services and treatments to these young people. Over the course of almost 6 months we provided 631 treatments to 391 young people and our grand total is now 3392!
But we can’t do it without the support of our amazing tribe of GiveBack Ambassadors who are part of our subscription program. Their subscriptions transform lives by:
- enabling us to provide our life changing health and wellbeing GiveBack program – the more they give, the more positive social-impact we gain!
- becoming a preferred wellness business with added social-purpose
- creating opportunity for young people to access holistic pathways to heal and recover from the impact of trauma and abuse.
Our Ambassador’s subscriptions over this time have funded over 250 health and wellbeing sessions to homeless and vulnerable young people.
We can all contribute to balancing access and equity for these young people who could not otherwise afford health and wellness services. Another way we are supported to provide these services is when organisations and businesses engage our paid services, generating income for us to use in our GiveBack. Big shout out to Infoxchange, Ethical Jobs, Bay Technologies and Zig Zag Young Women’s Resource Centre for doing just that! Our team provided 40 hours of workplace massage to these teams.
Our GiveBack during these months saw us:
- regularly providing treatments at Red Cross Night Café – 57 hours spent on 107 homeless and vulnerable young people to be exact! The Night Café provides a safe space away from the streets for young people experiencing homelessness aged 12 to 25 years in Brisbane. Young people can access free hot meals, showers, first aid, information and support. They’re also invited to access relaxation and therapeutic treatments offered by our team. Many of these young people have never experienced massage or Bowen therapy or Reiki and it’s a powerful thing to witness their bravery to do so and the impact our treatments can have on them.
- at Brisbane Youth Service’s Centre for Young Women and Centre for Young Families. We provided yoga classes to the young women and 50 massage, Bowen and Reiki treatments to the young mums and dads.
- continuing to build relationships at Jabiru Community College, an independent, non-government school that provides a flexible, personalised education experience for young people in years 10, 11 and 12. Our founder Kylie has seen the difference regularly being at Jabiru has made – the young people are now lining up for treatments! Twenty treatments have been delivered at Jabiru.
- getting teams together for the Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast Homeless Connect events where we provided 38 hours of treatments to 146 young people. They were huge days but we had an incredible impact.
Special thanks to our GiveBack Ambassadors who had the highest contributions for these months. The contribution from Neway Interiors will provide 24 health and wellbeing sessions to homeless and vulnerable young people, Bella Bliss Massage 23 ½ sessions and Kindred Toxin Free Facials another 20 sessions. These contributions are on top of their subscriptions! We love their ingenuity – Neway Interiors got their contributions when they held a BBQ on site – and their passion for supporting our vision.
And last but by no means least, shout out to our Partners who gift us so much and continue to support our vision: Healthy Balance Massage Therapy and Retail One, Tina from rtbitz graphic design for the endless and intuitive creation of beautiful things and Mayberry, Meldrum and Anderson who are incredible with their gift of time and skills for all of our accounting and taxation needs (especially the brilliant Jeannie!)
Want to join our tribe and get involved? Find out how here.