Here’s an update of our GiveBack from the first three months of 2017. We kicked the year off reconnecting with some of the young people we see regularly at the Red Cross Night Café and Jabiru College. We also made some new connections. This introduced us to a whole different group of young people we’d not met before and provided us with the opportunity to offer them access to wellness treatments. It was a particularly wonderful day when our team provided a whopping 21 haircuts to young women!
With our regulars and new connections, we delivered an amazing 215 sessions. That’s 115 young people who accessed our health and wellbeing treatments, who got off the massage table feeling calm and relaxed or who felt better about themselves after a haircut. That’s why we do what we do!
Gratitude to the following businesses and organisations that paid for our services:
- Infoxchange – our team provided two hours of workplace massage
- Encircle – our team provided two hours of on-site massage
- Ethical Jobs – our team provided two and a half hours of workplace massage at the Melbourne office
- The 29 women who attended our retreat for International Women’s Day
- The individuals who made purchases in our shop
By paying for our wellbeing services such as workplace massage, retreat tickets or using our shop these businesses and individuals enable us to GiveBack wellness services to vulnerable and homeless young people. If you’re part of a workplace that could do with some workplace wellness, head over here to see the range of services we offer. You can feel twice as good knowing your workplace is taking steps to wellness and providing access to treatments for vulnerable and homeless young people.
Our GiveBack for the start of the year saw us providing treatments at our regular gigs as well as some new venues. Here’s where we were…
- Brisbane Town Hall at the Red Cross Night Café where we provided 100 sessions to 48 young people
- We set up our massage chairs and pop up hairdressers near the mobile laundry from Orange Sky Laundry and provided 8 haircuts and 10 massages
- At Jabiru College where we provided 20 sessions to 8 of the young people attending the college
- In Fortitude Valley at Valley Arts where we spend a joy-filled Saturday providing 20 massage and Bowen sessions and 21 haircuts
Special thanks to our GiveBack Ambassadors who had the highest contributions for the period:
- Sarah at Fusion Hot Yoga with a contribution that will provide 39 yoga sessions
- Nicole at The Rhodes Connection with a contribution that will provide 15 wellness sessions, such as massage
- Georgina and Sam at Vitalita Health and Fitness with a contribution that will provide 5 yoga sessions and 5 wellness sessions
- Tammie at Vibrant Women Retreats with a contribution that will provide 4 mindfulness sessions and 2 yoga sessions
We’re excited about the impact we’re having providing Wellness for Homeless. It truly is incredible to witness the impact that access to wellness treatments is having on the lives of vulnerable and homeless young people. Want to join our tribe and get involved? Find out how here.